Monday, October 11, 2010

Our First Miniature Show!

Mom and I spent Sunday on the other side of the sales table at the Stamford Plaza hotel in Stamford, Ct! We were so nervous, we spent all of Saturday fussing with last-minute details. We practiced so many mock table set ups, I think it only took ten minutes on the actual day! Mom brought dolls, and I brought a few paintings and paper things (books, dancing dolls, and a couple other bits and pieces) to split a six foot table.
Mom was so convinced she wasn't going to sell any of her dolls, she almost brought only a couple large gift boxes to the show to wrap dolls up. Luckily, I threw in a bunch more, because she only had four dolls left at the end of the show! The maid up above was a little hard to let go- we did a lot of the work together. Mom dressed her, of course (I can't make any garment more complex than a toga :) but while she was doing that I painted/distressed the table and matching stool, and we worked on the folded linens together at the kitchen table. She went to a good home though, as did all the others!
P.S. Our favorite porcelain doll parts all come from Ellen's World.

9 comments:

  1. Eliza, How wonderful for you and your Mother that your first experience was a positive one! I love the tired maid! What a sweet vignette! The linens are really lovely too. Did you take a picture of your whole booth set up? Love to see it! I have yet to do a show and am sure I will be nervous about it too when I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Patty, everything in that vignette is lovely, I feel really sorry for the poor worn out maid! If all the dolls you had on offer were as fabulous as this I'm not surprised they sold so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fabulous, you and your Mum make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que gran equipo formais tu mama y tu.
    La escenita es de lo mas tierno y la ropa de cama se ve maravillosa.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a single photo of the table, but it turned out pretty badly. I'll have to ask my grandparents (they stopped by to wish us luck!) if they got a good photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eliza, I'm the crazy person that came back to your table for seconds - love love love the work you and your Mom have done. I have to tell you also that your packaging was terrific. Thanks for the beautiful dolls and I hope to see you guys at your next show! Ketsia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola, acabo de encontrar tu blog y estoy muy contenta de ser tu seguidora. Es una escena preciosísima, me ha encantado, al igual que todo tu blog. Enhorabuena!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que escena tan genial,felicidades,Auxi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. esta escena , tambien , me encanta. enhorabuena , es un bonito trabajo , besos

    ReplyDelete