Sunday, November 7, 2010

One of my favorite dolls

A few weeks ago I showed Mom's maid sleeping on the laundry. This is another of the dolls she sold at the  show that I had a hard time letting go of.
After a long hard day of work, she's finally getting to relax and soak her poor feet. We displayed her on an "old" scrub brush, but didn't permanently attach her, so that she could also be used in a dollhouse. The scrub brush started out as new, raw wood, and we had a time dirtying it up one night. Even my brother lent a hand with some of the nicks and gouges!

3 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous, still looking so pristine after her long day of work,love the little kettle she is holding, fantastic idea, your Mum should make more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother's dolls are wonderful, and I agree with all that Margaret had to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I already left a comment on this post, apparently not ;)
    Mom's dolls are wonderful! I really love how she 's used a full scale brush to pose her on. I think I would have had a hard time trying to resist buying her had I been at the show.
    The copper kettle is beautiful too. Who made that, do you know?

    ReplyDelete