Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Back from the Dead, and Philadelphia Miniaturia

This is just a bit of a teaser post after my (3 months, yikes!) absence from blog land. Mom and I will be traveling to the Philadelphia show tomorrow night, so we won't be around to see the trick-or-treaters. We'll be carrying a bit of Halloween spirit with us though, in the form of this witch Mom dressed.
 I made her magazine (Harpy Bizarre)  and had lots of fun coming up with appropriate titles for the articles. Inside, there are advertisements for witchy supplies, a quiz "Is your warlock right for you?" and a book review for Warts and All by Prince Charming. I think I got a bit carried away...

The moment Mom saw this fabric, she knew the witch needed polka dot pantaloons. The potion bottles are made from glass beads. It's difficult to see, but her toenails are covered in green nail polish, and there is a tiny bottle of polish next to her foot.
Finding the witch's chair may have taken the longest! It's a retired Bespaq piece. We bought one of these chairs a few years ago and thought it was perfect for this witch. Unfortunately, that first chair got broken by a marauding puppy.
 
I'll be back, posting more regularly (probably once a week or so) after Philadelphia. Hope you have a Happy Halloween!


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful witch, Eliza, I love how she is dressed, the colors are just perfect for Halloween!
    It is good to see you back!
    Good sales and fun on the fair!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I know how it is sometimes when you are not able to post. I am going to have to do one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza! Lovely to hear from you once again and I hope that you will have a Fabulous Time in Philly! I will look forward to a detailed show report so please take lots of photos! Your miniature works have lost none oft heir fascination for all of us! Have fun!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and I really like your witch :)

    Hug
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is delightful. Love the potion bottles and the green nail polish.

    ReplyDelete