I'm trying to get through some of the unfinished projects that have been lingering around the dollhouse for months, if not years. One of those projects is the carpet in Phoebe's room. The carpet is a punch needle kit from Joan Grimord, which I completed two years ago. The punch needle technique went quite quickly (as I recall, it took about a week of intermittent work), but the easiest step took the longest.
Here's the rug now. I'm quite happy with the way that it turned out. I was terrified of the finished rug looking thick and bulky, but it's actually quite flat. I've moved it next to the bed since this photo was taken. It still feels a little bright to me (the shop where I bought the threads had an extremely limited color selection, and I've found much better sources since.) I may try giving it a light dye job just to tone the colors a little, but I'm not sure. In any case, this is one more small project crossed off the list!
P.S. I just noticed that the picture of the unfinished rug also shows the dresser handles I replaced. I still can't believe what a difference that little change made!