Friday, June 22, 2012

Wash Day

I'm working on a small project that I can't wait to share. Unfortunately, I'm mostly working on it late at night, so I can't get good photographs. In the mean time, I thought I'd share another of the dolls Mom said goodbye to at Sturbridge.

When we first started talking about doing a show, one of the big questions was how to best display the dolls. Mom loves to use accessories to tell a story, so we wanted to be able to suggest the possible setting in a very simple way. We found plain black frames that made a nice display base, and made a variety of floors which we could swap in and out as necessary. For this one, we dry brushed grey paint over an unfinished floor. Simple but effective.


Mom purposely chose a rather robust woman for this doll. Washing is hard work!

 Mom bought the wringer and tub unfinished, and I aged them for her. Mom did all the resin pouring. I believe the cat with kittens is from Falcon miniatures.

6 comments:

  1. The doll is very nice, i love her smile. you did a great job on aging of the wringer and tub.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful display :). The cat in the laundry I find very cozy.

    Kind regards Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice scene. The expression of the doll is funny and the cat in the laundry is so cute.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful scene! You did a great job with the setting and the doll has a wonderful face!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother puts character into dolls...they are really great. I can't wait to see the project that you are working on.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great scene, very realistic looking. The doll is fabulous and the washing items, plus the cat curled up asleep, just finish it off perfectly. It must be difficult to part with your creations.

    ReplyDelete