Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just for Fun

Mom and I had a bit of a "Girl's Day Out" yesterday. I did a lot of shopping- for miniatures! Our first stop was the local dollhouse store, where they had a bunch of chairs on sale for $5 each. I liked the shape of the chair below, but not the bright red cherry finish. I never remember to take before photos!
 I got metal leafing supplies for Christmas, but hadn't touched them yet. Last night I decided to try them out on the chair. I also changed the seat cover from bright white to a muted green silk (I know it looks gray in the photos, the actual color is a little brighter.) I'm not sure what I'll do with this little chair yet. I may swap it with the one in the Gallery, or I have a few couple of vingette ideas I want to try out.


4 comments:

  1. I hate that red cherry coloured finish they put on those less expensive miniatures. Isn't it fun to work with gold leaf? This looks sooooo much better! It is now a very pretty chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: The new colour on your blog looks good. No problems reading the coloured text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the finish on this chair great job...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks a million dollars! It seems that I've been missing out on new post notifications recently, you've been quite busy while I wasn't 'looking' :)

    ReplyDelete