While I was on eBay the other night, I found an auction for two unfinished tables, and couldn't resist bidding. One was obviously handmade from scrap wood and minature balusters, but the other looked like a House of Miniatures kit.
When the tables arrived, I realized that the table was much deeper than the typical HoM demi-lune table kit, and I had a little trouble getting the legs to fit. I think the table top must have originally come from a different kit.
Usually I just freehand my painted furniture, but this time I penciled in guidelines for an urn and scrolls, to keep everything symmetrical. Here it is with the design roughed in with paint.
I used only four colors for this table- cream, green, yellow/khaki, and brown. I finished the table top before assembling the table, then worked on the legs and apron. I had the hardest time getting the green of this table to photograph correctly. I tried taking "after" shots of this table three seperate times. Every time, the green has photographed completely wrong. The real colors are closer to the in-progress shots above.