Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Little Treasures

I thought I'd show you a little corner of Lottie's room. I have a small collection of these dolls, made by Lucy Coles. My mother used to get me one every Christmas. They have handsculpted porcelain heads and limbs, and most are dressed in silk with lace undergarments. I'm a bit addicted to mininture toys! I like to mix scales, because I think it makes everything look a bit more toylike. The painted bed was bought years ago from Eileen Godfrey. The hat was from Earth and Tree, I believe, and the little basket from a local show.





1 comment:

  1. I love your little doll! What a wonderful gift to receive at Christmas, a little treasure indeed! Also the second picture with the doll in the bed is just adorable. Very clever to mix scales, it does look very realistic, a little girl playing with her toys.

    Thank you for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete