The only mirror I had to play with was a package of 1/2" mirrored tiles, so my mirror experiments had to stay quire small. I bought them for a project, but never used them because they weren't as precisely cut as I'd hoped. They've been sitting in a drawer ever since, waiting for inspiration. The silver/mirrored paper on the right I found the last time I was at the craft store. It isn't a true mirror, since the paper's texture distorts and blurs the images, but it was close enough for this project.
It just took me a while to figure out the best way...
(1st attempt on left, final attempt on right)The first mirror I tried, I used masking tape and a few tiny punches to create stencils, which I then stenciled using white paint. The result didn't look quite right, but it was close enough to be encouraging.
For the second mirror, I remembered some brass stencils I'd bought years ago. I used the smallest parts of the designs to stencil leaves and flowers on the mirrored paper. The look was better, but the white paint still felt a bit heavy. I also hated the shape of this frame.
I still want to do a bit more experimenting, so I'll hold off posting step by step instructions for a little while.