Saturday, December 1, 2012

A New Room

Alright, so this is a bit embarrassing to admit, but after three years of blogging, there are still rooms in my dollhouse I've never shown on this blog. One of those rooms is the nursery. This room is a tiny little space that was originally the bathroom in my house. It was also one of the hardest spaces to redo. When my uncle built my dollhouse, he built it to withstand a lot of playing. He  used some sort of industrial strength glue to stick plastic tile sheets to the walls in this room. When the house was redone, the only way we could get those tiles off the wall was with strong solvents which literally melted the plastic.
This room has always been a challenge because it's so narrow. Believe it or not, I had a bespaq highchair stuffed in here as well, up until the Great House Cleaning of two weeks ago. The room is still far from finished, but it will get there eventually!

I love the little girl in the crib. I call her Patience (because she clearly needs to learn it!) The only trouble with her is that she is completely naked, and sculpted in a way that makes her impossible to temporarily dress.  I've given her a bit of silk ribbon for modesty at the moment, but she should really be sitting in a little bath tub!
The petite point carpet in this room was stolen from the bedroom next door. Normally, I have a gorgeous round rug in here, but I prefer the way the rectangular one fits the room. The pink chest at the front left holds a few pairs of tiny baby shoes. My little sterling porridger and baby cup are piled on top until I decide what to do with them now that the highchair is out.
The (crooked, oops) pictures on the right wall are Godey prints. I had a bit of an obsession with them when I was 11 or 12, and collected a few for my real bedroom. The corner shelf on the back wall holds a few little painted charms, including the Owl and Pussycat in their 'pea-green boat' and a little Punch and Judy that hit each other when you press a lever on the back.

6 comments:

  1. A small but beautiful nursary. The dolls are exquisite.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. For such a small room its big on style :) Wonderful nursery I love your dolls.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful room. I like the dolls.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scene! I like your dolls, Patience is adorable. Little boy look adorable too, in so nice nursery. Do you made this beautiful dolls?
    Hugs
    Magda
    ps.I invite for me - I have a Giveaway:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cozy and well decorated nursery. Your little ones are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've managed to create a lot of interest in such a small space. I like your panelling too.

    ReplyDelete