Sunday, December 9, 2012

Toying With Shelves

 This little bookshelf  started out as a plain white impulse buy. I thought it might be short enough to work in one of my attic rooms. But after trying it in multiple spaces, I just couldn't find a spot for it. So I went for plan B, which was a shelf full of slightly battered but still cheerful toys.
 I'm not sure where I got the idea for this color combination, but it worked well with a bunch of my vintage paper toys. The little boy doll in blue was one that I hand sculpted years ago. I'm glad he finally found a home! The toy car and rabbit were metal miniatures that I painted.

6 comments:

  1. Je kast met kinderspeelgoed ziet er prachtig uit.

    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het ziet er perfect en prachtig uit
    Groetjes Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,
    Your toy cabinet looks great. Have a nice sunday.
    Hug from Germany
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little match stick doll on the bottom shelf, she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour combination. It has a truly vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un fantastico armario de juguetes, se ven genial.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete