Saturday, December 15, 2012

Naughty or Nice?

Today's post is going to be really short, because Christmas decorating is in full swing around here!
I made this little corset following this tutorial (I had to resize the pattern to dollhouse scale) I've tried a few different (mini) corset patterns over the years, and the nice thing about this one is that it really does have a very narrow, hourglass shape. However,  if you try this tutorial yourself, you should know that the hips of this particular pattern were huge. I took them in a bit, and they still look a bit large to me!

 I kept the front panels of the corset plain, but I just bought some silver thread, and am thinking I might be able to fake some little hook and eye clasps down the front with a few tiny stitches. I'll post again if my experiments are successful!

3 comments:

  1. Eliza, this is an awesome corset, beautiful work!
    I'll follow the progress, will you show it on your blog, please?
    I'll see for the tutorial. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be corset season! I have been making so many as well!

    This is a lovely pattern for Victorian stays, thanks for the link

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Eliza,
    That is just beautiful! You did a wonderful job with the corset. I love the shape of it.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete