Thursday, December 20, 2012

Before the Ball

In a quiet window nook, there are signs of a party soon to come. A pretty fan with a painted silk scene and some long kid gloves have been abandoned here, along with household advice books (just in case anything goes wrong tonight...)
 
I made the fan a while ago. You can read that post here. These gloves are one of the most amazing miniatures I own. They aren't the typical flat piece of leather cut into a glove shape. If you look closely at the photo above, you can see tiny stitches along each finger. Someone actually a real pair of miniature gloves! I wish I knew who made these!

4 comments:

  1. Wat een prachtige waaier en handschoenen staan er op je foto`s.

    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eliza,
    That fan is beautiful! Excellent work! The gloves are just spectacular...such incredible attention to detail.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fan and gloves are wonderful.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those gloves are Incredible! I have always wanted to try to make some.... now I know it is possible!!! Thank you for pointing out the stitches... when I enlarge your photo I can see them... but I would not have known they were stitched without the enlargement! You have such Lovely accessories... who is going to the Ball?

    ReplyDelete