Monday, January 7, 2013

A Dillema


 While we were at Philadelphia, I was able to duck away from our table long enough to purchase some flower kits from SDK Miniatures. The other night, I started putting together the Camellia kit. I only got through a few stems before needing a break from the fiddly bits of paper! I'm not sure what I'm going to with these flowers yet. I thought originally that I might 'plant' them in the Wedgwood vases in the music room, but when I held them in the room, the white flowers just faded away.
You can see, I haven't  even finished adding leaves to the stems. I may try them in the hall or parlor where they will show up better against the darker wallpapers, or I may try tinting them with watercolors.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Eliza,
    The flowers are just gorgeous! Terrific job assembling them. I look forward to seeing them in place. Could you add other flowers or greenery? Possibly that might make them stand out more.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eliza,
    The flowers look amazing. I do agree with Giac, maybe it looks better when you put some green leaf with the white flowers. On my blog there's a link for books and there is one book about paper flowering. Maybe it helps you for your bouquet.
    Greetings Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voor deze prachtige bloemen vind je vast wel een geschikt plaatsje..


    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are amazing!
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW
    well done! I haven't got the patience to make my own flowers, sadly. The first pictutre really fooled me LOL.
    the hard work really pays off
    x

    ReplyDelete