Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Addition to My Mother's Cottage

Here's a quick peak into the fourth room of my mother's dollhouse. This is the least finished room in the house, and I have a terrible time photographing it, so I'm only showing glimpses. It's the ground floor room next to the kitchen.

 Mom hung a few of her favorite paintings above this table, which she's set up as a desk.

 Here's a close up of the desk, with an open ledger.   It's a bit blurry, but right in front is the newest accessory- a tiny, hand embroidered case for letters, made by Latchkey and Jonquil.
Here's a better view of the front. The stitches are so tiny, I can hardly see them! It photographed white, but it's actually a very pretty shade of off white. If you want one of Jonquil's fabulous embroidered pieces for yourself, check out her etsy shop.

9 comments:

  1. Wat een prachtige kamer. Mooie details zijn er te zien.

    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that desk arrangement. I would love to be 1/12 scale so I could sit at it. Also, thanks for the link to Latchkey & Jonquil. I love finding new artisans to enjoy.

    Happy New Year,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This space has such a warm feeling. I LOVE the pewter tankard, the ledger, the seashell box and the painting of the horse and rider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'aime beaucoup cette ambiance très raffinée.
    Très belle année, pleine de grands et de petits projets!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your mother!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to see little arrangements photographed like that. There's a lovely assortment of minis there and I'm very taken with the circular painting of the horseman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom's house is absolutely absorbing - there are so many fantastic details, yet it doesn't look artificially cluttered. I swear someone mini must live there!

    I am glad you received your package - I get very nervous when I go to the post office, and I am over the moon that you showed the letter case on this blog, thank you so much!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Eliza,
    How beautiful your pictures are. The room is terrific and I love your mothers collection. The artowrk is just fabulous. I love Jonquils work. She is so talented.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete