Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chuffed About Collars and Cuffs

I'd run out of space and money really quickly if I tried to collect all the antique items I find fascinating. But I can almost always find a spot for a miniature version!

I stumbled across some old collar boxes on eBay a while ago, and thought the  curvy shape of the lid was really interesting. I don't think I've seen a miniature version before!
The "Collars and Cuffs" label was a vintage graphic from the Graphics Fairy, which I tweaked a bit. I made a collar from stiffened fabric which fits inside (and barely shows against the white background, sorry!)
I made a hinge out of a bit of silk ribbon which perfectly matched the blue of the box. I still need to make a little latch, since the lid keeps popping open.

8 comments:

  1. That's brilliant!

    I love unusual minis, and I certainly think that no one has thought of that! Also, it's great to have an idea that is for the gentlemen - there aren't so many interesting accessories for them, and mini-world seems to have so many bonnets, perfume and handbags...

    I've never seen a collar box before, must go and play with google now!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love interesting little minis too, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original mini. I like the box.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eliza,
    What a terrific idea. It is great items like these that make your rooms so interesting and add that touch of magic. Beautifully done.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very good and original idea.
    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Una idea estupenda y la caja es muy bonita, felicidades:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely item and so very different.

    I have a collar box in my Hambleton Hall but it's the usual standard brown circular one. Yours is much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete