This blue and bronze bag is the second difficult bag I've been working on. I've finished all the beading, but it still needs hardware. The only really tricky part of this bag was the "E" I added to the top portion. I needed to make the E as even as possible. I chose to work on the letter and the blue background inside the prongs of the "E" simultaneously. This kept the blue beads from knocking the bronze out of alignment but it also slowed me down a bit, since I had to switch colors every few beads .
When I'm working on delicate, symmetrical designs, I often pick through the beads to find the smallest ones. There's considerable size variation in most of the micro beads I've bought, even though they are supposed to be the same size. I've circled clumps of the largest and smallest sized micro beads in the photo below. It's not always a big deal, but occasionally that size difference is enough throw the entire design off!
If you've made one of these beaded bags, I'd love to see them!