Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Best Projects of Wasting Gold Paper: 200 Posts!

Today is my 200th post. I started Wasting Gold Paper in 2009, the summer between my senior year of highschool and freshman year of college.  It's been a crazy couple of years, and to be honest, I'm starting to forget half the posts I've written. So I thought I'd do something a little different today. I've gone through the blog archives and picked some of my favorite posts and projects to share again.
 

 Hope you enjoy!
 
Way back in 2009 I posted about this decoupaged screen. While it hasn't stayed in my dollhouse, I did make another which is in the parlor right now.
 
I've written more than one post about my micro (1/1728th scale) dollhouses, including the tiniest chateau in the world.

After I made the 1/144th scale garden cottage with Nell Corkin at the Guild School, I built a few of my own micro structures.  I also made this secret 1/144th scale room hidden in a book.
 
I've posted a lot of Mom's dolls over the years. But this one was one of my favorites.
 
These vintage paper toys were lots of fun to make, but the joints on the dancing dolls nearly drove me over the edge!
 I made over 600 tiles for this dairy room box, which is still waiting to be furnished.

This dummy board, painted to look like our dog, was a Christmas gift I made for Mom.

About a year and a half ago, I started painting furniture. More recently, I've started 'dressing' some of my painted furniture with accessories.

I noticed while I was going through my old posts how many oil and watercolor paintings I used to post. I guess it's time to dig out my art books and work on some more!

My Beaded hand bag tutorial has been one of my most popular posts. In addition to the original tutorial, I also posted some 'Tips and Tricks' .

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I really like your all works,
    but my favorite is here...
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uwCT3Wtmyl4/SixPTPW0CgI/AAAAAAAAAJs/7OzmdEL2oos/s1600/dresden+ballerina.jpg
    Warm hugs
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eliza,
    Congratulations on your 200th post. Following your blog has been a huge pleasure. I am a big fan of your work and I hope to follow you for a very long time.
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Eliza, thank you for showing us the highlights of your 200 posts. You're a gifted miniaturist and painter as well. Hugs, Liduina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un resumen fantástico como sus piezas, felicidades:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratlations!!! You have a great job.

    Son muy bonitas tus miniaturas.

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 200 posts, that is quite an achievement. I am going to have to go back over these later today, I'm so fascinated by your tiny scale miniatures, you are extremely talented and have a wonderful collection as I have mentioned before.

    Keep up the great work!

    ML Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, and what lovely posts,

    thanks for sharing with us. I've been reading your blog for a while, but haven't quite made it back to 2009.... I'll be really interested to see the paintings you have done,

    congratulations on 200, and here's to 200 more!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!
    I like your works.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at your "best of"s :). Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete